How ethical do you think you are?

Thursday 12 January 2017

Ethical Fashion & Beauty

Okay, so I know my first couple of posts have just involved me ranting about how terrible the fashion industry has been perceived in the media over the past year relating to ethical issues. However, I thought for today’s blog I would speak about some of the ethical fashion and beauty brands that I have found and also some that I personally love and trust.

The first product that I absolutely love is the Magnaminty face mask from Lush. I bought this product about 8 months ago and have had another since then! It leaves your skin feeling refreshed and so smooth. I tend to wash my face beforehand, apply a generous amount all over my face and neck and leave on for around 20 minutes, then simply wash off with warm water. It’s such a life saver and stops any spots creeping up on you! It’s important to note that Lush are renowned for their ethical sourcing and I’ll pop the link for their ethical buying policy below along with the link for the amazing Magnaminty face mask!





With a lot of companies stating that they are ethical, it’s hard to believe them with the amount of media that we see surrounding the unethical fashion houses. Even brands such as Marks and Spencer and Next have been hit with major unethical news surrounding them, so I made sure that I found a brand who’s ethical trading is true the whole way through the supply chain. The fashion brand I found with excellent ethical views is called ‘People Tree’ I’ve never personally used them myself, but a friend of mine has. 

People Tree are a UK based, selling both Women’s and Men’s clothing (for all the ethical men out there reading) and their website speaks a lot about their story, fair trade fashion and their mission to be 100% fair trade throughout their supply chain. In 2010 Emma Watson even launched a summer collection with the fashion brand to help promote the fair trade message and get people thinking more about where their clothing is coming from! Here are some styles that I found on the website that I loved! Who knew ethical trading could be so fashionable?




http://www.peopletree.co.uk

Christie xx

6 comments:

  1. Great post Christie and great tips! We can all help the environment in some which way! Check out my blog for more ethical topics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christie! I done an assignment a couple of months ago on how a international well trusted brand, were in the news for some ethical issues and to be frank I was shocked. It is a household name and I just thought to myself that I have lost all trust in them. Since then I am very weary of what brands and products I buy into and ensure they are ethical sourced well and are 100% fair trade. I think this is vital especially in the world we live in today.

    Many thanks,

    Fiye Ojo

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lush magnanimity face mark is a personal favourite of mine and I love that as a company the take are actively operating as an ethical company, not just posing to be one like many others as you mentioned. Love your blog!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christie! Love this post, very interesting to read. I also ask myself if these big corporations are legit with what they say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Love all your picks. Looking forward to your next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all you're comments, glad you guys are enjoying the blog! xx

    ReplyDelete